NASW-MO has several committees you can become involved in to create our programs and meet our goals. If you are interested in serving on any of the following committees, reach out to a Board Member or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Advocacy: supports the Chapter’s advocacy efforts on behalf of the social work profession social justice.
- Diversity, Belonging, Equity and Inclusion (DBEI): advocates for DBEI among Social Workers and additionally provides advisement to the chapter on current policies, in relation to DBEI.
- Ethics:The Chapter Ethics Committee (CEC) shall be responsible for assisting the NASW Office of Ethics and Professional Review (OEPR) in addressing complaints filed against members in accord with the Association’s policy on professional review. The CEC shall assist the OEPR in convening local mediations and panels to conduct hearings. The CEC shall provide ethics education and training to chapter members and others in their local community, consistent with the CEC charge and practices of the OEPR.
- Nominations: responsible for slating the NASW-MO Board election ballot on an annual basis in accordance with the Chapter Standards on Nominations and Elections. The CCNLI also provides recommendations to the president for appointments to committee chair and vacant board positions.
- Membership: supports the Chapter’s recruitment and retention efforts.
- Professional Development: works with NASW-MO staff on needs of membership for continuing education classes.
- Programs: develops and assists in the implementation of the Chapter’s annual program plan that meets the members’ needs from their chapter.