New this year, theLegislative Education Project (LEP) is providing three learning modules and three videos online. Each segment of the modules and videos is designed to easily help you understand the legislative process in Missouri using a step by step approach. You may listen to or watch any of the online LEP learning modules or videos at your convenience.
The online LEP learning modules are:
1. Understanding How a Bill Becomes a Law
2. Your Elected Officials and General Assembly
3. Navigating the House and Senate Websites
The online LEP videos offered are:
1. Accessible Voting - Educates individuals with disabilities about their voting rights and includes a demonstration of an accessible voting machine.
2. Attending House and Senate Hearings and Providing Testimony - Educates on how one prepares for testimony and describes how a hearing is conducted.
3. Building an Effective Relationship with Your Legislators - Provides communication tips with your state representative and state senators.
View online at http://disability.mo.gov/gcd/LEP.htm
Missouri Budget Project improves the quality of life for all Missourians by informing public policy decisions through objective research and analysis of state budget, tax and economic issues.
The Missouri Budget Project is a nonprofit, objective, public policy analysis organization that provides independent research on complex state policy issues and how they impact all Missourians. The Missouri Budget Project works to enhance the ability of all Missourians to participate in the public debate and ensure that advocates, policy makers and the public have the information needed to create sound fiscal policies.
The Missouri Budget Project advocates in favor of fiscally responsible public policies that advance the well being of all Missourians, particularly our most vulnerable families who too often don’t have a voice in policy decisions.