The Legislator of the Year Award honors a Missouri General Assembly member(s) who has substantially assisted in the advancement of our policy agenda and legislative priorities during a particular legislative session. The award is given only when a deserving Member is identified and there can be more than one recipient in any given year.
MISSION OF NASW MISSOURI CHAPTER
A member service and development association advancing a unified Social Work profession and standards, advocating for sound public social policies.
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SOCIAL WORKERS’ MISSION
To enhance human well-being and help meet the basic human needs of all people, with particular attention to the needs and empowerment of people who are vulnerable, oppressed, and living in poverty. A historic and defining feature of social work is the profession’s focus on individual well-being in a social context and the well-being of society. Fundamental to social work is the attention to the environmental forces that create, contribute to, and address problems in living.
In honoring the Legislator of the Year, the NASW Missouri Chapter highlights the Member(s)’ legislative and/or constituent work whose legislative and/or constituent work exemplifies the mission of the association and supports the field of social work and the clients we serve.
- Must be a current elected member of the Missouri General Assembly.
- Represent NASW Missouri Chapter’s mission within their voting and service record as a legislator.
- Contribute to the public’s knowledge of social work and social problems.
- Hold significant achievements and accomplishments in the last year for social services and social work.
- Take risks to better social services for Missouri for all citizens.