The Student of the Year Award honors a social work student in a BSW or MSW program who exemplifies the best of the Chapter’s mission through specific academic accomplishments.
MISSION OF NASW MISSOURI CHAPTER
A member service and development association advancing a unified Social Work profession and standards, advocating for sound public social policies.
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SOCIAL WORKERS’ MISSION
To enhance human well-being and help meet the basic human needs of all people, with particular attention to the needs and empowerment of people who are vulnerable, oppressed, and living in poverty. A historic and defining feature of social work is the profession’s focus on individual well-being in a social context and the well-being of society. Fundamental to social work is the attention to the environmental forces that create, contribute to, and address problems in living.
In honoring the Student of the Year Award, the NASW Missouri Chapter highlights superb accomplishments exemplified by the nominee throughout his or her academic career.
- Be a member of the NASW Missouri Chapter in good standing (upholding the Code of Ethics).
- Be enrolled in a BSW or MSW program.
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership.
- Represent NASW Missouri Chapter’s mission.
- Be an active participant in NASW Missouri Chapter activities.
- Obtain outstanding academic achievement (3.0 GPA or higher).
- Be a positive influence on School of Social Work’s program.
- Currently employed staff of NASW-Missouri may be utilized as a resource but may not make nominations or write letters of support.
- Current NASW Missouri Board members may not be considered for any award.