1. The State Committee for Social Workers will be mailing 2014 licensure renewal notices on July 1, 2014. If you renew your state license this year, you will either be about to renew online or through hardcopy in the mail.
2. For Both Online & Hardcopy: Complete your renewal form in its entirety. (Make a hardcopy or print screen to keep for your files)
3. Hardcopy-Make photocopies of your original CE certificates. Online-Maintain your original CE certificates.
4. Hardcopy-List all CE's, in date order, on Continuing Education Log (provided by NASW-Missouri Chapter as a Member Benefit: Email email@example.com to receive your own personal copy)
5. Hardcopy-Place the ethics certificate copy on top
6. Hardcopy-For Supervisors Only, place the Supervision Skills or Supervisor Renewal certificate copy next.
7. Hardcopy-Staple copies of CE certificates to the renewal form
8. Committee for Social Workers (we suggest certified mail so you have confirmation that it was received).
9. For Both Online & Hardcopy-File your renewal form and the original certificates in a secure place in your home (retain records until next renewal cycle)
10. For Both Online & Hardcopy: Follow Up Suggestion: After the receipt of your confirmation from the Committee, mark your calendar 2 weeks out to verify you have received your actual wall and wallet licensure in the mail for the 2014-2016 cycle.
CONTINUING EDUCATION VERIFICATION: Not sure what will be acknowledged by the licensing board? Please check the following link http://pr.mo.gov/boards/socialworkers/conteducation.pdf . NASW-Missouri Chapter can only answer questions pertaining to our workshops or those we have approved. Those approved by NASW-Missouri Chapter will have language on the certificate stating our approval and the certificate number. All questions regarding other workshops should be addressed to the provider the of the workshop or the State Committee at 573.751.0885 (No they do not have an 800 number) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org which will give you a record of your correspondence. NASW-Missouri Chapter has a processing fee of $15 for any CE certificate replacement. (We recommend that you try to maintain original copies for the renewal process.)