Live and Interactive CEs
16.0 Hour Social Work Supervision Certification
Presented by NASW-Missouri Chapter
Educational Objectives and Outcomes:
- Explore styles and techniques of supervision and assess your learning style and personality type
- Know your ethical and legal boundary issues when providing supervision for licensure or if supervising employees
- Tips and techniques to document the supervision process
- Learn how to stay personally excited about being a supervisor and avoid burnout
- Learn to evaluate the effectiveness of your supervision
- Review rules for licensure supervision in Missouri
- Explore the responsibilities of work-related supervision versus licensure supervision
Prerequisite: Attendees must download and read state statutes/rules prior to attendance. To obtain this information please use this link: http://s1.sos.mo.gov/cmsimages/adrules/csr/current/20csr/20c2263-2.pdf .
Self Study CEs
Presented by Teresa A. Cooley-Bennett, LCSW, LSCSW, CCDP-D, TTS
*** This course meets the 3.0 hour Ethics requirement for licensure renewal. *** OR ***This course meets 3.0 hour Supervision requirement for renewal of acceptable supervisors for licensure***
Providing clinical oversight and supervision in the delivery of services to vulnerable populations is a common responsibility of social workers. Because of the unique challenges experienced, opportunities for ethical dilemmas and vicarious liability are not uncommon. As supervisors, we are accountable not only for our own ethical behavior, but for the behavior of others including colleagues and supervisees. This continuing education program will provide an overview of common ethical principles with a special emphasis on Vicarious Liability or the doctrine of “imputed negligence”. As an important aspect of practice, resources for identifying, managing, and preventing ethical violations will be provided with the goal being excellent customer service to our clients, supervisees, colleagues, and agencies. This workshop meets the ethics requirements for licensure.